Weingut Nikolaus Köwerich
The vines of Riesling specialist Nikolaus Köwerich grow also in the Großer Lage Leiwener Laurentiuslay. Vines have been cultivated on the blue Devonian slate of the Middle Mosel since ancient times, and Riesling since 1465.
The winegrowing family has been on the books of the winegrowing village since 1548. "Tradition belongs in and not on the bottle," says viticultural engineer Nikolaus Köwerich and calls his wines "Fräulein Mosel" and "Herr Mosel", among others.
For many years they have been recommended by Gault & Millau Wineguide, Jamessuckling.com, Jancisrobinson.com, Falstaff, Vinum, Mundus vini.... Köwerich loves "the balanced play of fine sweetness and elegant Riesling acidity in wines made from late-harvest grapes."
The eldest of the three daughters is studying for a French-German Master's degree in Viticulture & Enology (M.Sc.) and would like to take over the winery later.
Products & Services
MOSEL - YOUNG
- 2022 Riesling Einblick N° 1
- 2022 Riesling Für Feen und Elfen
- 2022 Riesling Spätlese Für Träumer und Helden
- 2022 Riesling trocken Herr Mosel
- 2022 Riesling Kabinett Fräulein Mosel
- 2022 Riesling Von den Bergen an der Mosel
- 2022 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Große Lage
MOSEL - MATURED
- 1992 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Auslese
- 2007 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Spätlese
- 2013 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Spätlese
- 2001 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Auslese
- 2009 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Beerenauslese
- 2017 Leiwener Laurentiuslay Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese